What Haven House Provides
1. We provide food and shelter to the homeless, we are open 365 days a year 24 hours a day with paid staff around the clock.
2. We take in families single parent families
3. We provide two hot meals (morning and evening) with a snack table provided in the multiple purpose room throughout the day.
4. We provide three meals a day on weekends.
5. We provide clients with clean beds, towels, and washcloths along with any necessary toiletry items needed.
6. We provide a multiple purpose room equipped with a bathroom. This area exists so that our clients can rest, read, and children can play games.
7. We help our clients In finding and maintaining Jobs by helping with resumes, and giving referrals to temporary agencies, businesses, and the unemployment office. If transportation is a problem, we will work with agencies to help and provide transportation to and from work.
8. We allow clients who are applying for housing or employment to use our address and phone number as a place of residents.
9. We make sure that any family with school age children staying at the shelter for more than 3 days have their children enrolled in school.
10. We give client referrals to the agencies that help the homeless with the first month’s rent and/or deposit if the client qualifies, to get help them get a new start.
11. We are often able to supply clients who have found housing with furniture, household times, linens, etc. These items are donated by caring citizens of our community.
12. We provide the changing of fresh linens once a week.
13. We direct clients to the Church of their choice if requested.
14. We pray and encourage those who are so weary. We assure clients that God has not forsaken them, and by his help and those in our caring community we will be here to help and encourage them until they can get their own home. Our services are based on Matthew 25:35.
15. We allow clients to stay as long as they do not have a home to go to. We never force anyone to leave unless they become disruptive, abusive to other clients and/or staff. We interview clients every three days to see how they are progressing and to assist them in any area that we can.